ELLERMANN’S GUIDE TO FLOWER CARE
To keep your flowers and plants fresh and beautiful for longer, treat them with a little extra love and kindness.
All flowers purchased from Ellermann have been pre-conditioned for you by our expert florists. To prolong the longevity of your blooms even further, simply follow our easy tips:
- Always start with a clean vase filled with fresh lukewarm water.
- Add the complimentary sachet of flower food that comes with each Ellermann bouquet into your vase of water. Make sure to follow the guidelines on each sachet, as instructions may vary.
- Strip off any leaves that will fall below the waterline, as these will promote bacterial growth causing the flowers to wilt quickly.
- Cut 2-3cm off each stem using a clean sharp knife or scissors. Always cut at a sharp angle so the stems can absorb water more effectively,and place flowers directly in vase.
- Display the flowers in a cool, light location away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing your flowers directly under a fan or heater; flowers are sensitive to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Top up the water in the vase daily, and remove any faded flowers as they appear.
- Every two to three days, re-cut flower stems and replace water with a fresh supply.
All plants have different likes and dislikes but the most important components to consider are water, light, temperature and humidity:
- Alternating periods of drought and flood can play havoc on a plant’s root system. As a general rule, most plants like having their roots consistently moist, but not wet.
- Provide the right light. It may be a case of trial and error to find out if your plant is receiving the right amount of light, but as a general rule, most houseplants are tropical plants that flourish in indirect sunlight.
- Avoid placing plants in spots with particularly high or low temperatures, such as next to heat or air conditioning ducts, between curtains and a frosty window, or on top of a television or microwave.
- Air conditioners can be very drying – treat your plant to a little extra humidity with a daily spritz of mist.